How can I compile OpenSSL so that I can include it in my product - Openssl

This is a discussion on How can I compile OpenSSL so that I can include it in my product - Openssl ; Hi, I would like to bundle libssl library with our product. I see that RSA has strict patent restrictions, which makes libssl difficult to bundle. How can i rebuild libssl to include only DSA and not RSA? If I get ...

  1. How can I compile OpenSSL so that I can include it in my product

    Hi,

    I would like to bundle libssl library with our product. I see that RSA has
    strict patent restrictions, which makes libssl difficult to bundle. How can
    i rebuild libssl to include only DSA and not RSA? If I get around doing
    that, can i then build libssl with my product?

    thanks
    sathish

  2. Re: How can I compile OpenSSL so that I can include it in my product

    The patent on the RSA algorithm expired several years ago, in 2003.

    -Kyle H

    On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:44 AM, sathish subramanian
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to bundle libssl library with our product. I see that RSA has
    > strict patent restrictions, which makes libssl difficult to bundle. How can
    > i rebuild libssl to include only DSA and not RSA? If I get around doing
    > that, can i then build libssl with my product?
    >
    > thanks
    > sathish

  3. Re: How can I compile OpenSSL so that I can include it in my product

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA#History

    --
    Viktor.