I have a possible similar problem with checksums in MIC inside AS2. I did
Marek's test just inside Kate editor saving in utf8, with and without the
last newline. The one without gives the right code beginning with 8aa...
AND yes with openssl, so there is no bug in it.

My problem is with this file
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17917667/mictest.txt mictest.txt
I get sha1 checksum IpWFspJ2hKwfja5CkOPnDW2ctT8= this is:

openssl sha1 -binary mictest.txt|openssl enc -a (base64 of binary checksum)
But WebSphere claims it to be Uiaz1kOChhlSb/f3SJsmJ/O/8SI=

The attached file is just what comes out after decrypting the received
message. It contains a binary signature, so in this case there should not
be any problem with newlines because that is what just comes out of the
decryption.

The edi object in XML in first part of multipart contains UTF chars.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Javier