how to check if I hv openssl - Openssl

This is a discussion on how to check if I hv openssl - Openssl ; All, Im told that having the directives in httpd.conf SSLRandomSeed startup builtin SSLRandomSeed connect builtin means that my apache is configured with mod_ssl (and in fact it has). As far as I know, in order to have the mod_ssl working, ...

  1. how to check if I hv openssl

    All,

    Im told that having the directives in httpd.conf

    SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
    SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

    means that my apache is configured with mod_ssl (and in fact it has).

    As far as I know, in order to have the mod_ssl working, have to have the library openssl, right? Well, I dont know if my apache has, so I want to check. I dont know what is the command to check it.
    If you can help, itll be appreciated.

    >> Here are the environment configuration:
    >> Web server: Apache/2.0.46 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.4
    >> Server: -HP-UX
    >> Tomcat: 4.0

    Thanks for your attention.

    Ingrid

  2. Re: how to check if I hv openssl

    Liao wrote:
    > As far as I know, in order to have the mod_ssl working, have
    > to have the library openssl, right? Well, I dont know if my
    > apache has, so I want to check.

    This really isn't an OpenSSL question -- it has to do with
    your platform. If you were on Linux, I'd tell you to check
    using your package manager -- yum or apt or emerge. But on
    HP-UX, I have no idea what the package manager is.

    You could check to see if you have a command called `openssl`.
    The first, easiest check is with `which`:

    :; which openssl

    If it gives you a path, great! You have OpenSSL. Let us hope
    it was the one your Apache module was built against...

    If you can't find it that way, you could snoop around with
    `find` or `locate`:

    :; find / -type f -name 'openssl'

    :; locate openssl

    These will be a lot more verbose.

    If you need more help, please email me off list.

    --
    _jsn