DTLS and multicast - Openssl

This is a discussion on DTLS and multicast - Openssl ; ***Hello, Does DTLS support multicasting and if yes, does the OpenSSL implementation support it? I need to secure some kind of RTP transmission that uses multicast. Thank you....

  1. DTLS and multicast

    ***Hello,
    Does DTLS support multicasting and if yes, does the OpenSSL implementation support it? I need to secure some kind of RTP transmission that uses multicast.
    Thank you.

  2. Re: DTLS and multicast

    hi Andrei,

    DTLS does not support multicast. For multicast group security, you
    should look into the IETF MSEC group standards for key distribution,
    which can be used for SRTP.

    - Ariel

    --
    - Ariel Salomon / Senior Software Engineer
    Real-Time Innovations (RTI) / www.rti.com

    RTI - The Real-Time Middleware Experts

+ Reply to Thread