Openssl for Java application - Openssl

This is a discussion on Openssl for Java application - Openssl ; This is my first time to use OpenSSL. I have wrote once to ask for help but no reply. I would like to write OpenSSL-enabled code in my Java application, but I have no idea where to start from. What ...

  1. Openssl for Java application

    This is my first time to use OpenSSL. I have wrote once to ask for help but
    no reply. I would like to write OpenSSL-enabled code in my Java application,
    but I have no idea where to start from. What I have explored is that OpenSSL
    is meant for C or I might be wrong.

    So, I hope that I will get sufficient information from you on how to
    integrate OpenSSL into my Java application.

    Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

  2. Re: Openssl for Java application

    > So, I hope that I will get sufficient information from you on how to
    > integrate OpenSSL into my Java application.

    You might find it a lot easier if you were to use Bouncy Castle.
    http://www.bouncycastle.org/

  3. Re: Openssl for Java application

    Hi, Khoo Wei Hiong,

    What are you trying to do exactly?

    If you're doing password-based encryption/decryption with symmetric
    keys (e.g. AES, 3DES with "openssl enc" on command-line), then the
    not-yet-commons-ssl java library will help you interop with OpenSSL:

    http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

    In particular, here's the link describing the symmetric key
    password-based-encryption (PBE) stuff:

    http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/pbe.html

    The library can also read any DSA or RSA private key generated by OpenSSL:

    http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/pkcs8.html

    Good luck!

    yours,

    Julius