We have our own TCP implementation, and we're thinking of using a
BIO_s_mem to add an SSL layer to it. The plan is: read the socket, put
the encrypted data into the ssl object's BIO, and then do a read from
it. Likewise, produce the data, feed it into OpenSSL, and then take
the data from the BIO and put it into the socket.

We want to minimize memory allocation, working with a fixed-size
buffer, so I'd like to know if there's a way to know the size overhead
on SSL headers, so I know that if I feed it, say 200B blocks, I have
to read with a 350B buffer, or something like that.

Is there some way to know that?

thanks
Tomas

--
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.