Not linking fips static lib to shared object on Solaris 9 sparc - Openssl

This is a discussion on Not linking fips static lib to shared object on Solaris 9 sparc - Openssl ; Hello ! I managed to create a static lib of openssl with fips but when I tried to link it with my sample shared object project on solaris , fipsld goes into 99% cpu utilization mode henceforth application was not ...

  1. Not linking fips static lib to shared object on Solaris 9 sparc

    Hello !

    I managed to create a static lib of openssl with fips but when I tried
    to link it with my sample shared object project on solaris , fipsld
    goes into 99% cpu utilization mode henceforth application was not
    linking with fips certified openssl.

    Anyone knows the solution for that ?
    or this is a problem with fipsld on solaris ?

    Thanks in Advance
    Satyadev

  2. Re: Not linking fips static lib to shared object on Solaris 9 sparc

    On Apr 10, 10:08*am, satyade...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello !
    >
    > I managed to create a static lib of openssl withfipsbut when I tried
    > to link it with my sample shared object project on solaris , fipsld
    > goes into 99% cpu utilization mode henceforth application wasnotlinkingwithfipscertified openssl.
    >
    > Anyone knows the solution for that ?
    > or this is a *problem with fipsld on solaris ?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Satyadev

    Detailed are as follows

    I am not able to create a shared object lib that statically links to
    fips cerified openssl. fipsld hangs at linking step and linker goes to
    99% cpu utilization.i tried to modify fipsld script but didn't
    succeeded. If anybody has generated shared lib with fipscertified
    openssl ,please respond to this.fipscanister.o is included in
    libcrypto.a.

    build process i followed is
    openssl-fips-1.1.2
    ./Configure gcc fips --prefix=/home/devel/fips-install --openssldir=/
    home/devel/fips-install/lib
    make
    make install

    openssl-0.9.7m
    ./Configure gcc fips --prefix=/home/devel/fips-install --openssldir=/
    home/devel/fips-install/lib --with-fipslibdir=/home/devel/fips-
    install/
    lib
    make
    make install

    linking to my application
    make -f makefile CC=fipsld FIPSLD_CC=gcc
    i gave -Bdynamic -G arguments for shared lib creation.when i run the
    make file it hangs at link step for indefinite time.

    Suggestion wiil be heartly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    Satyadev

+ Reply to Thread