On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 5:48 AM, shankar ks wrote:
> Hi Hobblet,
>
> Sorry for the late reply as I was busy with searching of other things . You
> have given a command regarding my question, but i did not understand that
> and how to use it to get the information of CMS from openssl CVS. I am not
> aware of using CVS also . I want to download the source code of the CMS from
> this CVS on to my windows system and implement that in the OVMS system. As i
> down loaded the 0.9.8e but I did not find any file like /crypto/cms ..

CVS is an Open Source 'revision control system' which runs on UNIX and Windows.
As it has been originally developed for UNIX, the commandline I
specified should work on any UNIX box which has CVS installed out of
the box.

For Windows, I'll refer you to the FAQ at

http://worldforge.org/doc/faq/cvs/#windows1

have a look at their 'Windows Specific' section.

Then go to the TortoiseCVS website and install the software - it's a
very good Windows client which encapsulates CVS with a GUI.
At the TortoiseCVS website, you will find a lot of information on how
to use it and which the equivalent of the given commandline is for the
Tortoise UI.

Alternatively, you can google for 'CVS Win32' or 'CVS Windows' for
additional sites with information and software, though I personally
preferred to use TortoiseCVS when I have to use CVS in a Windows-only
environment -- now I have moved software revision control off to a
dedicated UNIX machine, which makes it so much easier and faster for
large projects.

There are also several good books available about CVS which include
info on Windows and UNIX setup and usage (O'Reilly series, for one).

When you get the latest sourcecode using CVS, you will get the source
tree for 0.9.9, in which you will find said ./crypto/cms/ directory
and several other additions to 0.9.8.

Check it out!

Take care,

Ger

> Thanks in advance
> --Shankar
>

> On 4/2/08, Ger Hobbelt wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:26 AM, shankar ks

> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > When i refer to the Openssl CVS, I did not find the file related to
> > > openssl/crypto/cms/ ,
> > > All files in this folder are showing the difference , but not the exact
> > > files... where can i get the cms files. and one more thing is i

> downloaded
> > > the OpenSSl kit of 0.9.8f version, but i did not find any files or

> folders
> > > with the specified names in the kit, means there is no folder availble

> with
> > > the name openssl/crypto/cms/...

> > Like I said, it's in the latest CVS; 0.9.8 is the latest stable
> > release IIRC, while the CVS I referred to was the development tree
> > (0.9.9).
> >
> > Run this to grab it all; there _will_ be a complete crypto/cms/
> > directory in there plus a cms.c tool sourcecode in apps/ :
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d anonymous@cvs.openssl.org:/openssl-cvs co -R .
> >

> > --
> > Met vriendelijke groeten / Best regards,
> >
> > Ger Hobbelt

> --
> --Best Regards
> Shankar