RE: [openssl.org #1660] Request for feature, all Windows systems, all OpenSSL versions. - Openssl

This is a discussion on RE: [openssl.org #1660] Request for feature, all Windows systems, all OpenSSL versions. - Openssl ; Err, wouldn't that be a bad idea, when different applications might want to use different versions of OpenSSL? We frequently get problems with our application, due to other "rogue" applications that put their OpenSSL ddls into the standard %PATH%, for ...

  1. RE: [openssl.org #1660] Request for feature, all Windows systems, all OpenSSL versions.

    Err, wouldn't that be a bad idea, when different applications might want
    to use different versions of OpenSSL?

    We frequently get problems with our application, due to other "rogue"
    applications that put their OpenSSL ddls into the standard %PATH%, for
    example in the system32 directory, which can then take precedence over
    our installed versions.

    Essentially, for a commonly installed third-party product like OpenSSL,
    the dlls that are used by a particular application should be installed
    in a directory belonging to that application. And the application, or
    the installation program of that application, should control the %PATH%
    used by that application, so that the correct version is used.

    G.