Hello,

owner-openssl-users@openssl.org wrote on 04/03/2008 04:18:42 AM:

> Anybody any comments?

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM, raj H wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> OpenSSL 9.8b. We are facing some performance issues with it. I

heard that
> doing session reuse or using some other ciphers can help improve the

performance significantly.
> I would like to know -
>
> 1. Is using the session reuse with ssl handshake is advisable? I read

somewhere that
> session reuse with openssl is controversial with memory usage. It might

have some memory
> leaks. Is that true? What are other issues with ssl session reuse? Does

anyone has any
> numbers on performance gain with session reuse?

This is method improves handshake performance when your client
connects/disconnects
many times to your server in short time (like https client connections
with HTTP/1.0).
In this case handshake exchanges only 6 packets (without RSA encryption in
case where
RSA certificates are used) instead of 9/10/12 (depending of authorization
scheme).

> 2. Does changing cipher used improve performance? We use the default

one. Is there any
> numbers on this too? I plan to use one of -

In general: use AES instead of DES3, its faster.

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola