------=_Part_547_11083704.1207144968582

HI Harald,
ThanQ for your information. So implementing of PKCS#7 Api's will serve my
purpose .. Ok,
at last , a small doubt : I have implemented signing, encryption using
RSA_sign
EVP_EncryptUpdate
RSA_public_encrypt
, so where these will differ from the PKCS#7 API's as these PKCS#7 api's
also do the same things as by the above functions.
I did not find any difference of usage of those two.
can you please tell me what is difference in b/w usage of those two.

-- Shankar

On 4/2/08, Harald Latzko wrote:

> Hello Shankar,
>
> as a member of the official OFTP2 working group and also a user of openSSL
> I can tell you that the PKCS#7 support is sufficient for file based
> operations in this context. If you need any further assistence for OFTP2
> specific suppor I suggest you join the working group, whose head is Joerg
> Walter (jwalther@odette.org) or contact me (h.latzko@os4x.com) for openSSL
> specific topics.
>
> Regards,
> Harald Latzko
> c-works GmbH
>
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > We are developing a secure communication on OFTP(RFC-5024), as per the

> RFC
> > we need to sign the file, compress the file , encrypt the file.
> > that can be done with the OpenSSl .. ok,
> > Next the consern is :
> > 1)Files that are to be signed are enveloped according to the file
> > enveloping format i.e as a CMS package.
> > 2) Files that are to be copressed are enveloped according to the file
> > enveloping format i.e as a CMS package.
> > 3) Files that are to be encrypted are enveloped according to the file
> > enveloping format i.e as a CMS package.
> >
> > here we are not understand how to implement the CMS package and

> struck...
> >
> > Best Regards
> > --Shankar

> >> is
> >> available

> >> explained
> >> in
> >> >

> >> It can be used with the command line utility "cms". The API is similar
> >> the
> >> documented PKCS7 API in many respects. It however isn't at all clear
> >> from
> >> your
> >> description what you want to precisely want to do.

> >> CMS and TLS are two different things entirely.
> >>
> >> Steve.
> >> --
> >> Dr Stephen N. Henson. Email, S/MIME and PGP keys: see homepage
> >> OpenSSL project core developer and freelance consultant.
> >> Homepage: http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk

--Best Regards
Shankar