* Wockenfu=DF, Frank wrote on Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:07 +0200:
> Thank you for that hint.
> I will try to rebuild the class as singleton. This could help,
> but isn't really nice.

I think you'd need multiple classes. For things done once a
program life time, a C++ class (singleton) may not be suited, a
simple ordinary init function may be sufficient. However, such an
instance could make sense for instance if used on stack around
main in something like this:

int main()
OpenSSLAllEverything allocation;
return main_();

to ensure that it is released exactly once even in case of
exceptions. Maybe the class assert()s that it is constructed only
once to help application developers to find usage problems

I think it is essential and required to call RAND_seed once and
only once. Functions like X509_verify_cert may be desired as

> > Doing it per-object creation is unnecessary and error prone=20
> > (as maybe the case here). I believe it should be possible to=20
> > do it once per program lifetime without changing your C++=20
> > class too much.

Maybe having a static instance counter, so resources could be
freed if the last instance is destroyed? But to much automagic
handling may not be good; imagine, this would be linked with a
similar class that also has its own instance counter...

About Ingenico Throughout the world businesses rely on Ingenico for =
secure and expedient electronic transaction acceptance. Ingenico =
products leverage proven technology, established standards and =
unparalleled ergonomics to provide optimal reliability, versatility and =
usability. This comprehensive range of products is complemented by a =
global array of services and partnerships, enabling businesses in a =
number of vertical sectors to accept transactions anywhere their =
business takes them.
www.ingenico.com This message may contain confidential and/or privileged =
information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this =
for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action =
based on this message or any information herein. If you have received =
this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply =
e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.