Hi all,

Background:
My application reads an encrpyted-base64 password from a config file and
decrypts the same inside the application. The password is encryped using
Triple-DES algorithm.

To encrypt and base64 the actual password, a stand-alone utility is
provided. We run this utility, and then copy-paste the generated password in
the config file. Of course, the key, the IV (Salt not used) are same
(hard-coded) in both the applications.

So far, so good.

Now, we have to make the keys available in another file (Which will be kept
under more security). Both the applications are to read the key from the
file. Now, we have to generate the key and then write out the key in the
file.

Question:
So, the question is: How can we generate a key for Triple DES encryption and
write out the same in a file?

I tried the genrsa and dsa options but they seem to generate keys for
RSA/DSA encryptions. Also, we can specify the length of modulus in those
keys. But they will not map well in T-Des case.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks.

// PS: Pls ignore the following disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER