On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 08:41:15AM -0400, Brad House wrote:
> This is a duplicate of #1629


Yes, I found the ticket just after I've mailed this.

> You might want to look at that tracker for an explanation.
> I've personally duplicated this with OpenSSL 0.9.8g (w/tls tickets)
> connecting to OpenSSL 0.9.7d (the current 0.9.7 release is
> fine).


The oldest I've tried was 0.9.7e which still worked.

The patch in ticket #1629 works for the first problem, since it's
exactly the same problem. It doesn't for the second problem.

> Kurt Roeckx via RT wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Debian we've enabled the TLS extensions and it seems this results in
>> not being able to connect to some sites.
>>
>> We've had 2 bug reports so far:
>> http://bugs.debian.org/471681
>> http://bugs.debian.org/471896
>>
>> I can not reproduce the problems when both the server and client are
>> openssl. I've tried various combinations of versions for both the
>> server and client.
>>
>> I've also tried with the server being gnutls, which also worked for me.
>>
>>
>> Kurt

__________________________________________________ ____________________
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List openssl-dev@openssl.org
Automated List Manager majordomo@openssl.org