Hi,
This is normal since the RSA private key is in the Chinese Remainder
format ( p, q, dp, dq and d). The first four elements have half the size
of the moduluse and the last has the same size as the modulus. Thus, the
hole RSA private key encoding will take three times the modulus size
which is roughly the size of the RSA public key.

Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX - Cryptography And IT Security Experts
http://www.idrix.fr