Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: openssl-FIPS dlls

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008, Ming Rutar wrote:

> Hi,
> I've tried to build FIPS compliant libeay32.dll with MSVC but with no

success. The minGW/gcc objects (fipscanister.o, etc.) crashes MSVC 6.x
and 8.x linkers. MSVC 9.0 is able to build the dll, but it is not a
valid dll and cannot be loaded by premain_dso.=20
> Is it possible to make libeay32.dll with MSVC? if yeas, how?

Make sure you are using a newer version of gcc. Some older versions
problems, I've never seen the linker crash but I have seen random and
apparently arbitrary application crashes.

Automated List Manager