From: owner-openssl-users@openssl.org
[mailtowner-openssl-users@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Ed snooper
Sent: March 18, 2008 5:06 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Need help building FIPS compliant openssl

=20

Hello,

Could someone give the proper procedure to build openssl with FIPS
enabled? I tried to just grab the=20

openssl-fips-1.1.2.tar.gz
file, unzip,
untar, and config, make, BUT I get the below error... I see some people
say you must already have an openssl package installed that support
FIPS?!? Can some one provide the step by steps?

Keith

------_=_NextPart_001_01C889F3.FEB960C4

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" =
name=3D"PersonName"/>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Did you do =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

color=3Dnavy face=3DArial> style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>./config =
fips>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>And not other options? I think you =
might
get errors like that if you added the option shared, which is expressly
prohibited in the user guide.>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Bill>>

size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:
size=3D2
face=3DTahoma> =
Could someone give the proper procedure to build openssl with FIPS =
enabled? I
tried to just grab the >>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>
href=3D"http://openssl.org/source/openssl-fips-1.1.2.tar.gz">openssl-fips=