Hi,

I have compiled my own copy of openssl, installed in my home
directory. It was initially required due to rails on ruby
requirements.

Well, after the initial setup, rails works fine. Lately I have started
a bit of ssh and svn usage and every time I invoke a command that uses
ssl libraries (thats my guess), it dumps one or more warning lines on
the screen.

Code:

raghav@hpubuntu:~$ svn
svn: /home/raghav/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libpq.so.5)
svn: /home/raghav/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libpq.so.5)
svn: /home/raghav/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libneon.so.26)
svn: /home/raghav/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libneon.so.26)
Type 'svn help' for usage.

As is visible, the command performs its normal function, but these
warnings clutter a lot.

The other day I was taking my first steps with capistrano, and these
warnings kept coming in the way time and again. Confusing me more and
more... I experience similar issues when using ssh as well.

Has anyone seen something like that ?
Did I make a mistake in my compilation process ?
Any remedies for this ?

I tried with openssl 0.9.8g, Could there be anything with the versions ?

pls suggest

regards
raghav..

--