Is signature means signature algoritham?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-users@openssl.org [mailtowner-openssl-users@openssl.or=
g] On Behalf Of Wockenfu=DF, Frank
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:48 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Getting Signature and Signaturetime out of PKCS7 Object

Hi,

I have a problem getting some values out of a PKCS#7-file.

I try to write a program that reads out some values from the file. The PKCS7=
-file has the NID NID_pkcs7_signed and I have found the functions to call fo=
r the hasalgorithmname and the certificates.
But I haven't found any to get the information about the time, the signature=
was created and the signature itself, that was put inside the file.

Please can anyone give me some hints or code examples, what I need to do to=
get these informations.

I have a filled PKCS7-object.

Frank Wockenfu=DF

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to=
this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may=
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not=
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this=
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this=
message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should=
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The compa=
ny accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by th=
is email.

www.wipro.com