Hi,

I'm building 0.9.9 from the latest SNAP and have been successful with
openssl (the app) but no joy with building .dylib files on MacOSX.
The linker fails with:
ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in
_OPENSSL_rdtsc from libcrypto.a(x86cpuid.o) not allowed in
slidable image

Playing with it I find the perl asm functions with "EXTRN
\t_OPENSSL_ia32cap_PWORD" are problematic. Unfortunately I don't
have the skills to dive deeper and fix it. Perhaps this message can
be forwarded to the right person?

For the record, I'm running OSX 10.5.2, gcc 4.0.1, on an Intel
miniMac. My build commands are:
./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl
make
make test
make libcrypto.0.9.9.dylib

Also, I can't find a *global* switch to disable the assembly modules.
Suggestions?

My thanks,

Larry