Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:40:37 +0100
From: ger.hobbelt@gmail.com
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: How to debug Openssl DLL

Hi,

You can use the generated DLL's (I assume you've used the OpenSSL provided batchfile/makefile set) with your project by adding them to the project dependencies.

I do not know if this also suffices for VS2005 to 'see' the related source code (you do not 'link' source code: it's rather that the VS2005 IDE must have access to the source files from which the binary was generated - with MSVC this is sometimes quite hard to achieve when you use makefiles or other 'non-MSVC-IDE' methods to generate object code from sources).

In short: add DLLs to application project dependencies, source level debugging: YMMV.

The other approach is to 'convert' the makefile to a (set of) MSVC2005 projects: then the OpenSSL source code will be considered by MSVC2005 as just another project and it'll be easy to step through the SSL source code. The cinch is 'converting to a MSVC2005 project': that's the hard part. ;-)

If you're interested, I plan to put a fresh set of MSVC2005 project files on-line for OpenSSL somewhere next week; I use these to produce [private] MSVC2005 debug (and production) releases.

HTH,

Ger

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM, learning openssl wrote:

Hello,

I ceated the debug version of ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll. I have an application compiled with VS2005 (MTD). How can I link the source code of Openssl to my application with VS2005?

Thanks!

Ger Hobbelt

web: http://www.hobbelt.com/

http://www.hebbut.net/
mail: ger@hobbelt.com
mobile: +31-6-11 120 978

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/
--_a6b324ae-a5e4-4d95-9405-333c7aba3583_

Hello Ger,

Thank you so much!
MSVC2005 project files are definetly helpful.

When you are ready, please inform me.

Thanks again!