----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Stephen Henson"
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: OpenSSL FIPS 1.1.2 on Windows

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008, Scholl, Ben M. wrote:
>

>> Would you please explain how to "properly" install the MingW environment?
>> I started with a fresh installed and updated instance of Windows XP Pro
>> SP2 and installed a the version of MingW and MSYS as specified in the
>> docs. What else was I supposed to do and how was I supposed to configure
>> the environment?
>>

> I've just gone through this process here. I've done the following:
>
> Download MinGW-5.1.3.exe from SourceForge.
> Donwload MSYS-1.0.10.exe from SourceForge.
>
> Run MingW-5.1.3.exe. Select "download and install" from first Dialog.
> Select
> "current version". When it asks for a list of components select "MinGW
> base
> tools", "g++ compiler" and "MinGW make". It should install successfully.
>
> Run MSYS-1.0.10.exe and when the post install window comes up tell it
> where
> you installed MinGW.
>
> Select menu option MingW->MSYS->msys

> tar xvzf /path/to/openssl-fips-1.1.2.tar.gz
>
> cd openssl-fips-1.1.2
>
> ./config fips
> make
> make install

Strange - I can't see that you've done anything siginificantly different to
what I've done. I've got MSYS 1.0.11, and my gcc-3.4.5 was built from
ource - but they've been serving me quite well. (They've built openssl,
zlib, expat, gmp and mpfr, to name a few.)

Yet I still get those "undefined references" (posted earlier in this thread)
when the attempt is made to build fips_desmoves.exe during the 'make' stage.

Looks like I'll have to go digging.

Cheers,
Rob