From: owner-openssl-users@openssl.org
[mailtowner-openssl-users@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen Henson
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:24 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL FIPS 1.1.2 on Windows

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008, Scholl, Ben M. wrote:

>=20
> Would you please explain how to "properly" install the MingW

environment? I started with a fresh installed and updated instance of
Windows XP Pro SP2 and installed a the version of MingW and MSYS as
specified in the docs. What else was I supposed to do and how was I
supposed to configure the environment?
>=20

I've just gone through this process here. I've done the following:

Download MinGW-5.1.3.exe from SourceForge.
Donwload MSYS-1.0.10.exe from SourceForge.

Run MingW-5.1.3.exe. Select "download and install" from first Dialog.
Select
"current version". When it asks for a list of components select "MinGW
base
tools", "g++ compiler" and "MinGW make". It should install successfully.

Run MSYS-1.0.10.exe and when the post install window comes up tell it
where
you installed MinGW.=20

Select menu option MingW->MSYS->msys

tar xvzf /path/to/openssl-fips-1.1.2.tar.gz

cd openssl-fips-1.1.2

../config fips
make
make install

The reason for the process is that it has to follow the Unix build to
the
letter for the 1.1.X FIPS module.=20

For the (not yet validated) 1.2 Module you can use VC++ for the whole
thing.

Steve.