When I made OpenSSL-Fips for win32 with MinGW, I did not have any luck
with gcc-3.4.5; I just looked and mine is gcc-3.4.3 and that built
OpenSSL-Fips-1.1.1 just fine, all tests passed. I have not tried
building 1.1.2 yet, however.

The build process I followed:
You untar OpenSSL-Fips-x.x.x and run

../config fips
make
make test
if all tests pass you
make install

then you untar OpenSSL-0.9.7m and run

../config fips --with-fipslibdir=/usr/local/ssl/lib \
--openssldir=/home/Administrator/openssl-0.9.7m --prefix=/ssl
make
make test
make install

Cheers, and YMMV

Leonard

Scholl, Ben M. wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Would you please explain how to "properly" install the MingW environment? I started with a fresh installed and updated instance of Windows XP Pro SP2 and installed a the version of MingW and MSYS as specified in the docs. What else was I supposed to do and how was I supposed to configure the environment?
>
> Why is this operation so abstract and cryptic?
>
> Ben M. Scholl
> Ennovex Solutions, Inc.
> Software Engineer
> DoD PKE Engineering
> Phone: 703-933-9064
> Fax: 703-933-9067
> www.ennovex.com

Leonard F. Elia III, CISSP 757.864.5009
Sr. System Administrator
ConITS - NASA Langley Research Center
NCI Information Systems, Inc., Hampton VA