John T. Cox wrote:
> I do not know if it does or not. But, as an experienced programmer, I
> can guarantee that even if it does not today, one day someone will do
> something that will cause it to need it and you will start to get
> failures that will take weeks to track down. Why can't people just do
> things right the first time? Oh yeah, management. :P

I am all for doing the right thing but unfortunately there are many
people who believe that because something is "working", the most
important thing to do is not to change anything. Yes, management, but
also other programmers who are afraid of change and the subsequent
testing necessary to make sure that the change is correct. I, myself, am
not one of those people and always look for the correct way of doing
anything in programming so as to avoid future headaches.