> I am supposed to help with a test plan to make sure our stuff works
> properly, but I'm not sure what to test. I imagine that it has to be
> backward compatible, since everyone using HTTPS has to be, but am not
> sure.
>
> Other than reading the NEWS page for changes, can anyone think of
> something I should do or something specific I should test?

I'd focus on testing your application to be sure it does what you want
it to do. I'd start by designing a series of tests designed to stress
your application, and in turn, openssl. If that means setting up a
duplicate, but test environment, I would.

You can test openssl all day long and not see what you need to see,
namely the functions you use doing what you want them to do.

Larry