------=_Part_16257_5669518.1204814025024

Hi all:

I am trying to sign files with my own program and have followed almost the
same steps as the pkeyutl application included in the OpenSSL distribution.
When I try to sign 'large' files, the pkeyutl tool is not able to sign it
producing a zero size output signature.

I have debugged the application and it comes that the input buffer is never
hashed. Thus, the ecda_do_sign function in ecs_ossl.c always returns

ECDSAerr(ECDSA_F_ECDSA_DO_SIGN, ECDSA_R_DATA_TOO_LARGE_FOR_KEY_SIZE);

when the input buffer is longer than the expected digest size.

I don't know if it's already being solved but I thought about changing the
way pkeyutl signs to:

EVP_SignInit
EVP_SignUpdate
EVP_SignFinal

scheme instead of the existing EVP_PKEY_sign call.

Best regards,
Daniel