Compiling Openssl for Mobile 5 / 6 - Openssl

This is a discussion on Compiling Openssl for Mobile 5 / 6 - Openssl ; Hi, I followed the INSTALL.WCE directions. What resulted was the Crypto stuff works fine. The SSL stuff does not seem to hand shake correctly. I am using TLSv1. I am able to load my Cert and private key, but I ...

  1. Compiling Openssl for Mobile 5 / 6

    Hi,

    I followed the INSTALL.WCE directions.
    What resulted was the Crypto stuff works fine.

    The SSL stuff does not seem to hand shake correctly. I am using TLSv1.
    I am able to load my Cert and private key, but I keep getting a
    SYS_ERROR_SYSCALL error on the SSL_Connect. As described below from the
    man pages, it seems that the WinCE socket code is returning an EOF on
    the SSL_Connect.

    _______________________________
    SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL
    Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain
    more information on the error. If the error queue is empty
    (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find
    out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed
    that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO
    reported an I/O error. (For socket I/O on Unix systems,
    consult errno.)
    _______________________________

    I am a little concerned with the WCE build instuctions. First the WCE instructions seem to be for Pocket PC 2003, which really are not compatible with Mobile 5/6 ( I could be wrong ).
    Is there a different/easier way to build openssl for mobile 5/6.
    Is there a work around for my problem described above.

    Scott Rueter
    Core Team Lead

    http://www.chisystems.com
    http://hawk.chisystems.com

    Chi Systems
    12860 Danielson Ct, Suite A
    San Diego, CA 92064
    (858) 391-2830

  2. Re: Compiling Openssl for Mobile 5 / 6

    Hi Scott, did you ever find a better way? I am currently attempting
    to follow the instructions only to find that after altering the
    include locations to point to the C:\Program Files\PortSDK\Include and
    C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC
    SDK\Include\Armv4i that the makefile does not build as it is
    complaining about the ordering of header files.

    Any help you could give would be fantastic.

    Cheers
    Andy