Hi.

Using cURL with Linux, I want to make a webservice request to a remote
server which requires an X509 cert.

I got a Trial SSL Certificate by Verisign and obtained three files which I
copied into my machine (client):
- ssl.key (private key, generated by my server)
- verisign.crt (SSL certificate by Verisign)
- verisign-ca.crt (Intermediate and Root Trial CA by Verisign)
This last file were obtained from:
http://www.verisign.com/support/veri...ate/index.html
http://www.verisign.com/support/veri...oot/index.html

I tried with:

[]# curl -d "firstName=John&lastName=Smith" -G -v --key ssl.key --cert
verisign.crt --cacert verisign-ca.crt https://www.domain.com/webservice.asp

But I got this error message:
--------
* SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
* Closing connection #0
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK.
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html