Hello,
> I have a xml message that has the symmetric key encrypted with a public

key of the
> server, the xml is like
>

> gIXImWs5Es6mlErowIU/TLWmqqSCsVT+quyRb1ULza1033A7SFT
> +4RVXG00D5463QyrnGFN3zQhv

PgAhbODOCiwm8MXyiiRQmB2Eg3uW1vWf7DevANQ8XAXw2rW4Ek DLYzRpyR+kUOnJ5XGqpGjwCE8D
> zTlCMswnYufhD4p7tVk=
>

> I took the value between ... and

stored in in the
> file. I later modified the file to contain 64 chars per line and then

ran below commands

> 1) openssl enc -base64 -d -in -out
>
> was created and it had binary contents. Now I went

step further

> 2) openssl rsautl -decrypt -inkey -out
key file name> -pkcs

> I was expecting step 2 to work but instead go the error
>
> RSA operation error
> 4696:error:0407106B:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:block

type is no
> t 02:.\crypto\rsa\rsa_pk1.c:190:
> 4696:error:04065072:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPTadding check

failed:.\
> crypto\rsa\rsa_eay.c:596:

You may try use -raw instead of -pkcs to decrypt data with server private
key
and then check if you get something reasonable after decryption.
You must ensure that encrypting public key and decrypting private key
are from the same pair.

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola