Hi all,

I have a xml message that has the symmetric key encrypted with a public key of the server, the xml is like

gIXImWs5Es6mlErowIU/TLWmqqSCsVT+quyRb1ULza1033A7SFT+4RVXG00D5463QyrnGF N3zQhv
PgAhbODOCiwm8MXyiiRQmB2Eg3uW1vWf7DevANQ8XAXw2rW4Ek DLYzRpyR+kUOnJ5XGqpGjwCE8D
zTlCMswnYufhD4p7tVk=

I took the value between ... and stored in in the file. I later modified the file to contain 64 chars per line and then ran below commands

1) openssl enc -base64 -d -in -out

was created and it had binary contents. Now I went step further

2) openssl rsautl -decrypt -inkey -out -pkcs

I was expecting step 2 to work but instead go the error

RSA operation error
4696:error:0407106B:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:block type is no
t 02:.\crypto\rsa\rsa_pk1.c:190:
4696:error:04065072:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPTadding check failed:.\
crypto\rsa\rsa_eay.c:596:

Can any give pointers as to what I could be doing wrong?.

-nathan