------=_Part_22842_32978673.1200488888459

Has anyone worked on supporting OffloadModExpo from within OpenSSL?

I.e. to allow a Windows SSL application to use OpenSSL instead of the
native windows crypto libraries, but still take advantage of the Windows
OffloadModExpo function. This would be useful if you have bought some
accelerator card that has OffloadModExpo driver support, but you still
prefer OpenSSL's API over the Windows API.

I guess one might do this by overriding OpenSSL's bn_mod_exp function
with a wrapper function that loads OffloadModExpo from the registry,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Cryptography/. Then calls
it instead of the builtin BN_mod_exp_mont.

Is OpenSSL interested in supporting this?

Kind regards

-paul