On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 07:01:51PM -0800, Khanh Nguyen wrote:

> I am using file private key with expiration time within 365 days.

You are not. Private keys don't have expiration dates. Public key
certificates have expiration dates, set by the certificate issuer.

> Now, I want to use it more than 365 days. Can I do this in openssl?

On the other hand if something has expired, it would a security problem
if you could unilaterally extend the validity date, so the answer is
"no", you cannot, unless you are the certificate issuer.

--
Viktor.