------=_Part_8277_3773843.1199634082669

Hi Sander,

2007/12/19, Sander Temme :

> Ben,
>
> On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Ben assis wrote:
>
> > On Leopard with apache 2.2.6 and OpenSSL 0.9.7, configuration files
> > have significantly changed; so, I cannot set my own web server to
> > work with openssl under https protocol.

> Are you loading the SSL module? Look for a LoadModule line in
> httpd.conf for the ssl_module and see if it is commented out. Unless
> the module is loaded, Apache will not understand any mod_ssl
> configuration directives.

Yes I'm loading ssl module : here is a part of my httpd.conf:
#LoadModule proxy_ftp_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_ftp.so
#LoadModule proxy_http_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so
#LoadModule proxy_ajp_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_ajp.so
#LoadModule proxy_balancer_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache2/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache2/mod_mime.so

I recently discovered with nmap that only port 8080 is opened for http. My
ISP tells me that port 8083 is supposed to be also opened. So, I think the
problem is in my machine but don't know where.

I'm not running Leopard yet, but if they stuck to a fairly plain
> vanilla Apache 2.2.x (as they did with 1.3 on earlier versions of the
> OS), the httpd-ssl.conf should work out of the box once you load the
> SSL module. Be sure to have your private key and certificate in the
> right place, or edit the SSLCertificateKeyFile and SSLCertificateFile
> directives.
>
> This is an Apache-specific question and might be better discussed on
> users@httpd.apache.org.

Thanks, I'll take a look over there.