On Sat, Jan 05, 2008, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> > Creating the things in the batch file seems a bit of a hack and they could
> > be handled in the makefile in the same way as the Unix build.

> > The Configure script also works out things like CFLAGS for the relevant
> > options. The WIN32 build partly duplicates this functionality, it should
> > really just pick up whatever options the Configure script has decided.

> hmm, since the configure script is written in Perl I was also already thinking if we could work with that only....
>
> If I have next some spare time I will give it a try, and try to figure out what's adaptable from Unix world....

Well the ultimate I suppose would be to make the builds all consistent and
avoid the batch files entirely. So you could do on WIN32:

perl Configure VC-WIN32 [options]
nmake

For WIN32 I'll initially be looking at picking up and defining some CFLAGS
from the Configure script and auto building the assembly language files from
the perl scripts. That will have some relevance to other mk1mf builds too.

I notice that another is missing from the WIN32 builds: the BN_ASM_MONT files.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.