Hello everybody ,

This is kumar .I have a problem regarding the client authentication
by the server using openssl.
I am trying to connect to a dummy test server which is in my machine
only with my client code.
when the server says "SSL_get_peer_certificate (ssl)" , it returns
NULL and the "SSL_accept (ssl)" fails. When i did
"SSL_get_verify_result(ssl)" i got this error
X509_V_ERR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN , which says the certificate
chain could be built up using the untrusted certificates but the root
could not be found locally. I have done
SSL_CTX_set_verify(ctx, SSL_VERIFY_PEER |
SSL_VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT,NULL); on the server side for
client authentication.

I am not getting what the problem could be in the client side . In the
client side i have generated the self signed certificates starting
from CA till the certificate.My client is based on windows mobile
pocket PC environment. So my question is how does the server trust my
certificates which are self signed.Both the server and client have
different CA and certificates in my case.
I just want to modify in the client side so that the server accepts my
certificates .

i am stuck up in this problem from the past 1 week. i hope anybody
there wud help me to come out of this problem.I just want to know what
are the things i must do in the client side only so that the dummy
server what i am using should accept my certificates without any
error..

Looking for a positive reply from u all....

Thanks in advance

Kumar.