--_8a6218e9-4188-4418-8b0c-1fceb23222c4_

Hello,
=20
We are including openssl in a development platform. We are seeing more and =
more requests from our customers for the FIPS validated version of OpenSSL.=
I am now trying to understand what it would mean to include the FIPS valid=
ated platform in our development platform.
Currently, the FIPS validated openssl version is based on 0.9.7 (I believe =
it is based on 0.9.7i). How are newer releases of Openssl 0.9.7 handled? Is=
it possible to upgrade to the latest openssl 0.9.7 without voiding the FIP=
S certification? This FAQ, http://oss-institute.org/fips-faq.html, claims u=
pgrades can be made without affecting the validation. However, the FAQ is q=
uite old, last update in July 2004. Is this valid?
=20
Can you change some #include statements in header files in the fips module =
without voiding the certification?
=20
Regards Roger
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ve/direct/01/=

..html">http://oss-institute.org/fips-faq.html, claims upgrades can be m=
ade without affecting the validation. However, the FAQ is quite old, last u=
pdate in July 2004. Is this valid?

Can you change some #include statements in header files in the fips module =
without voiding the certification?

Regards Roger

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger!=
=3D'_new'>MSN Messenger
=

--_8a6218e9-4188-4418-8b0c-1fceb23222c4_--