--0-1688467665-1161083284=:82329

Hi Marek,=0A=0AI have some doubts over the ssl buffer. Let I put my questio=
ns below=0A=0A1. What happens when the server keeps on writing and no data =
has been read from the client?, Is there any possibility of buffer overflow=
?. Please explain this senarion briefly.=0A=0A2. Assume that during the ssl=
handshake we have some un read data in the ssl buffer. When the applicatio=
n is crashed or closed in the middle of the transacion will that the buffer=
(which holds the un read data ) will lead to memory leaking.=0A=0A3. Where =
the ssl have its default buffer?, either in stack or heap locations? =0A=0A=
=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Marek Marcola pl>=0ATo: openssl-users@openssl.org=0ASent: Saturday, 7 October, 2006 12:22=
:13 AM=0ASubject: RE: large data read error=0A=0A=0AHello,=0A> Is there a w=
ay to overcome the 16k limit besides breaking down the=0A> message/response=
? =0ATry to set SSL_CTX option SSL_OP_MICROSOFT_BIG_SSLV3_BUFFER=0Ato exte=
nd SSL buffer to 32k.=0A=0ABest regards,=0A-- =0AMarek Marcola la@malkom.pl>=0A=0A____________________________________________ ____________=
ger.yahoo.com
--0-1688467665-1161083284=:82329

ad>
font-size:12pt">
, new york, times, serif">Hi Marek,
=0A
FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
=0A
tyle=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, ser=
if">I have some doubts over the ssl buffer. Let I put my questions below IV>=0A
, times, serif">
=0A
times new roman, new york, times, serif">1. What happens when the serv=
er keeps on writing and no data has been read from the client?, Is there an=
y possibility of buffer overflow?. Please explain this senarion briefly. IV>=0A
, times, serif">
=0A
times new roman, new york, times, serif">2. Assume that during the ssl hand=
shake we have some un read data in the ssl buffer. When the application is =
crashed or closed in the middle of the transacion will that the buffer(whic=
h holds the un read data ) will lead to memory leaking.
=0A
tyle=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, ser=
if">
=0A
man, new york, times, serif">3. Where the ssl have its default buffer?, eit=

ZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">----- Origi=
nal Message ----
ere a way to overcome the 16k limit besides breaking down the
> messa=
ge/response?
Try to set SSL_CTX option SSL_OP_MICROSOFT_BIG_=
SSLV3_BUFFER
to extend SSL buffer to 32k.

Best regards,
--
>Marek Marcola <Marek.Marcola@malkom.pl>

nbsp;           &nbs=
p;      openssl-users@openssl.org
Automate=
d List
Manager           &=
nbsp;           &nbs=
p;   majordomo@openssl.org
=0A
12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
v>
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yaho=
o.com
--0-1688467665-1161083284=:82329--