--0-900251110-1161083577=:64705

Hi,=0A=0AThanks for your reply and really it helped to fix our bug. Still I=
have some questions over ssl buffer. Let I put my questions below=0A=0A1. =
What happens when the server keeps on writing and no data has been read fro=
m the client?, Is =0A there any possibility of buffer overflow(16K)?. =
Please explain this senarion briefly.=0A=0A2. Assume that during the ssl ha=
ndshake we have some un read data in the ssl buffer. When the =0A applica=
tion is crashed or closed in the middle of the transacion will that the buf=
fer(which holds the =0A un read data ) will lead to memory leaking?.=0A=
=0A3. Where the ssl have its default buffer?, either in stack or heap locat=
ions? =0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Krishna M Singh @gmail.com>=0ATo: openssl-users@openssl.org=0ASent: Thursday, 24 August, 20=
06 3:08:44 PM=0ASubject: Re: large data read error=0A=0A=0AHi Sendil=0A=0AI=
am not sure but I haven't seen any such limit of 5K in my usage of=0Athe O=
penSSL.. OpenSSL record size is around 16K i remember. Can=0Aproblem be wit=
h ur server of client code (not OpenSSL) where some=0Abuffer size is hardco=
ded to 5K and than return values are nto=0Aapproapriately handled.=0AJust a=
wild guess..=0A=0A-Krishna=0AFlextronics, India=0A=0AOn 8/20/06, Sendil ku=
mar wrote:=0A>=0A>=0A> Hi,=0A>=0A> I've got s=
ome code that seems to work, except when the server responds with=0A> a 'la=
rge' amount of data.=0A>=0A> When the server sends 5000 bytes of data to th=
e client ,the client was able=0A> to read it and=0A> every thing goes fine.=
But when the server passes more than 5000 bytes of=0A> data to the client,t=
he client=0A> crashes and SSL_read() gives SSL_ERROR_SSL error but no data =
returned.I=0A> tried but couldn't find any solution. please give me any sol=
ution this seems=0A> to be a headdacke for me.=0A>=0A> Thanks,=0A__________=
__________________________________________________ __________=0AOpenSSL Proj=
ect http://www.openssl.org=0AUser Support M=
ailing List openssl-users@openssl.org=0AAutomated List M=
anager majordomo@openssl.org=0A=0A=0A=09=09=0A___=
__________________________________________________ ______ =0AInbox full of s=
pam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. =
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
--0-900251110-1161083577=:64705

ad>
font-size:12pt">
, new york, times, serif">Hi,
=0A
AMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
=0A
=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">=
Thanks for your reply and really it helped to fix our bug. Still I have som=
e questions over ssl buffer. Let I put my questions below
=0A
e=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"=
=0A

, new york, times, serif">1. What happens when the server keeps on writing =
and no data has been read from the client?, Is
=0A
SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"> &nb=
sp;    there any possibility of buffer overflow(16K)?. Pleas=
e explain this senarion briefly.
=0A
T-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
=0A
e=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"=
>2. Assume that during the ssl handshake we have some un read data in the s=

sl buffer. When the
=0A
mes new roman, new york, times, serif">   application is crashed =
or closed in the middle of the transacion will that the buffer(which holds =
the
=0A
ew york, times, serif">   un read data ) will lead to memory leak=
ing?.
=0A
new york, times, serif">
=0A
FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">3. Where the ssl have its =
default buffer?, either in stack or heap locations?

=0A
tyle=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, ser=
if">----- Original Message ----
I am not sure but I haven't seen any such limit of 5K in my usage of=

the OpenSSL.. OpenSSL record size is around 16K i remember. Can
prob=
lem be with ur server of client code (not OpenSSL) where some
buffer siz=
e is hardcoded to 5K and than return values are nto
approapriately handl=
ed.
Just a wild guess..

-Krishna
Flextronics, India

On =
8/20/06, Sendil kumar <sendil_natraj80@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some code that seems to work, ex=

cept when the server responds with
> a 'large' amount of data.
&gt=
;
> When the server sends 5000 bytes of data to the client ,the clien=
t was able
> to read it and
> every thing goes fine.But when th=
e server passes more than 5000 bytes of
> data to the client,the clie=
nt
> crashes and SSL_read() gives SSL_ERROR_SSL error but no data ret=
urned.I
> tried but couldn't find any solution. please give me any
solution this seems
> to be a headdacke for me.
>
> Than=
ks,
           openssl-u=
sers@openssl.org
Automated List Manager     &nb=
sp;            =
         majordomo@openssl.org

=0A

york, times, serif">

=0A=09=09
=0A =3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/nowyoucan/pc_mag/*http:=
//us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D40565/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html">All=
new Yahoo! Mail
"The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and e=
ase of use." - PC Magazine
--0-900251110-1161083577=:64705--