Transfer Encoding : Chunked - Openssl

This is a discussion on Transfer Encoding : Chunked - Openssl ; Hi All, I am implementing an HTTP 1.1 client in C++ using openssl for SSL. Sometimes the Http response I get back says that the Transfer Encoding : chunked I really donot do anything extra here in this case. As ...

  1. Transfer Encoding : Chunked

    Hi All,

    I am implementing an HTTP 1.1 client in C++ using openssl for SSL.

    Sometimes the Http response I get back says that the
    Transfer Encoding : chunked

    I really donot do anything extra here in this case. As usual I do a
    SSL_Pending to see if any data is pending in the SSL buffer and if not
    finish reading.

    To further elaborate I am implementing a WebServices client in C++.

    The problem is sometimes the binary data in some of the Soap XML tags
    are complete and sometimes they are not.
    Although a similar tool written in java seems to work fine.

    Am I missing something here or is what I am doing ok.

    Thanks
    Vinu

  2. Re: Transfer Encoding : Chunked

    "Vinu Thomas" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am implementing an HTTP 1.1 client in C++ using openssl for SSL.
    >
    > Sometimes the Http response I get back says that the
    > Transfer Encoding : chunked

    This means that there's no "Content-Length" header, and the data
    consists of one or more "chunks", each of which begins with a length
    indicator. Server applications can use chunked transfers when they
    want to begin sending data before they know how much there will be.

    This web page does a fairly good job of explaining it:

    http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/#http1.1c2

+ Reply to Thread