Boris wrote:

> ... Maybe it would be a good idea to add this link to the "return
> values" section of http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/EVP_EncryptInit.html
> which explains only that 0 means failure.

I too find that some inter-related aspects of the OpenSSL libraries are
not linked/referred at the place in the documentation where one starts
looking; this occurs between different entries/pages in the
documentation and inside them. Error handling is an example of these.

On the other hand, when searching through the entire documentation for
such separately-treated unreferenced aspects, I always found the
information I needed to be there, albeit terse at times.

I guess one needs to be (made) aware of this style of documentation.

Erik.