--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

In building the new release I noticed lots of these:

gcc -I. -I.. -I../include -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB_SHARED -DZLIB
-DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H
-march=3Dpentium4 -mcpu=3Dpentium -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS
-DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM -c
-o mem_clr.o mem_clr.c
`-mcpu=3D' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=3D' or '-march=3D' instead.

Note that I did in fact specify -march=3Dpentium4, but config has its
own ideas about what kind of CPU I have and appended -mcpu=3Dpentium.

The code in config is really too simple. Unless developers want to
enter the Red Queen's Race and maintain an ever-expanding and probably
fragile block of code to winkle out the precise CPU specification for
dozens of models, several brands, and various versions of GCC it is
probably better to just punt this decision to the builder.

--=20
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--