dear Dr. Stephen,
thanks again for your help )

i am using the following code (C++ & Qt) to create
certificate policies extension:

x509v3ext GenExtDB::getCertPol()
{
x509v3ext ext;
//#if 0
if (!certPol->text().isEmpty()) {
ext.create(NID_certificate_policies,
certPol->text(), &ext_ctx);
}
//#endif
return ext;
}

x509v3ext &x509v3ext::create(int nid, const QString
&et, X509V3_CTX *ctx)
{
if (ext) {
X509_EXTENSION_free(ext);
ext =3D NULL;
}
if (!et.isEmpty()) {
ext =3D X509V3_EXT_conf_nid(NULL, ctx, nid, (char
*)et.latin1());
}
if (!ext) ext =3D X509_EXTENSION_new();
return *this;
}

when i put 1.2.3.4 (OID) in certPol->text() i always
get the following error:

error:2206B088:X509 V3 routines:X509V3_EXT_conf:no
config database

could you give some hint to find out what is wrong?

best regards

--- "Dr. Stephen Henson"
escribi=F3: