Iain Morgan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using the Intel 9.1 compiler on an IA64 system the performance of
> AES and (to a lesser extent) other algorithms implemented in
> assembly language is less than that using gcc. I've included the
> speed output for several of the algorithms below.
>
> Is this a know issue and is there a workaround other than switching
> to gcc?

How about if you use something other than -O2 with icc compared to the
-O3 on gcc? That could I would think affect the 'C' stuff but shouldn't
affect the assembly stuff though (although who knows, I'm just a
networking guy...) is the assembly stuff such that it is still done with
icc as the compiler rather than gcc?

rick jones