gary clark wrote:
> hello,
>
> I know this is probably inappropriate venue but I am
> at a loss on why I cannot run openssl on a XP windows
> machine which does not have openssl installed.
>
> I have built a client and server on a machine which
> has had openssl installed and got it to work with
> certificates. However when I port the executable code
> to a machine without openssl installed it fails.

This sounds like the vs2005 is is looking for the
msvcr80.dll in the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS
but it is not installed.

Note the free vs2005 does not have all the install tools
to make this happen automaticly See if you have
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist

Also See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326922
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...91(VS.80).aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-220b62a191ee

Or Google for vcredist_x86.exe

> 1) I port the built libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to
> windows32 directory.
>
> 2) I then attempt to run my application and it fails
> to load the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll libraries.
> I use the command LoadLibrary(L"libeay32.dll") is this
> valid to do?
>
> Why would it fail to load the libraries?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Garyc

Douglas E. Engert