Ok finally got it to run in standalone. Using an XP
machine that does not have VC2005 installed best is
the:

\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\Bootstrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86\vcre dist_x86.exe

and run that for 2000 machines you will need the
Windows Installer 3.0.

In addition I did what Brad said with the manifest
files and .exe,.dll and putting them side-by-side and
everything worked like a charm. Thanks again Brad.

I can now sleep.

Thanks,
Garyc