Well that didnt fly either. Has anybody built an
openssl app using VS2005 and ported it to a XP machine
that does not have openssl installed? If they be so
kind and shed some light onto this dark area that
would be appreciated because I thought this would be
easy which it is providing you do complete install of
openssl.=20

If you try to build the static libs all is OK except
you will get conflicts with VS2005 and there comes the
problem of using the /MD in the code generation which
I'm led to believe from the FAQ I have to do.

The instructions do not seem to be clear when building
for VS2005.

Thanks,
Garyc

--- gary clark wrote:

> Much appreciated. I think I know what I need to do.
> Simply build the static libs?
>=20
> nmake -f ms\nt.mak
>=20
> This should avoid all the problems I'm seeing with
> using dlls on machines without openssl installed.
>=20
> I will give a crack.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Garyc
>=20
> --- Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>=20
> > Don't use Microsoft compiler
> >=20
> > I've submitted a patch for cross compile openssl
> > (mingw) it produces
> > much less dependencies.
> > But it was not accepted yet into any snapshot.
> >=20

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display...uest&pass=3Dg=
uest

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...91(VS.80).aspx