Hi,

If I may attempt a slightly better response than my first one! Sorry
to openssl-dev people about spamming your list with this. Probably
this email is better suited to openssl-users, so I'm cross-posting it.
(If anyone decides to reply, please reply to openssl-users!)

1. Dr Stephen N. Henson's link is an excellent document. Very helpful.
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/pem.html

There is only one small gotchya I would like to add to that document,
regarding this:

The private key (or other data) takes the following form: