On 2006.11.14 at 10:59:41 +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > cvs log doesn't tell anything but "Fix various warnings"

> If you compile with -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -Werror then you'll see the errors I'm fixing.

> If people always did that before submitting code, then it wouldn't get
> broken by fixes :-)

Problem is that you probably don't test all the configuration
variations. And we don't either.

First of all, I suppose no one now except DJGPP users uses static
builds.

We compile our code with -Wall. And there was only one warning remained,
in gost_ameth.c which you really fixed by introducing temporary variable
void *_pval. But we by default use

./config shared zlib

(Although zlib support should not affect current ccgost code)

Second, there are pieces of code not covered by tests. I rather wouldn't
touch code I don't understand fully, if I don't have unit test suite to
ensure that it would work after my modification.

May be we should start from adding test suite for engine.

We have some collection of test scripts for PKI and SMIME operations
which sometimes catch problems missed by standard make test.
May be someone would integrate it into HEAD?