In message on Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:59:19 -0800, "David Schwartz" said:

davids> You are correct, but that's not the issue. The issue is this
davids> simple -- if you are going to call a function whose types you
davids> don't know (through a prototype), you must cast each type you
davids> pass to the type the function expects. End of story. OpenSSL
davids> does not do this. This is not valid C whether or not the type
davids> sizes are the same.

So basically, you're saying that K&R-style functions (non-prototyped)
aren't handled in a pre-prototype manner any more? That's a fairly
extreme change of how C used to work. While I understand such a
change, it's going to break quite a lot of things that still have
non-prototyped functions.

Can you provide something in the C standard that supports this change?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte richard@levitte.org